Monday, November 2, 2009

Swine flu

Chaos in the Ukraine? I wouldn't call 60 dead a crisis, there's more people being kicked to death by donkeys yearly, if I'm not greatly mistaken. 200,000 ill isn't exactly great, I'm not saying that, especially with 7,500 of them being commited to hospital, but honetly! It's complete hysteria!

Compared to the Spanish Flu of 1918/1919, which killed between 40-100 million people, I think we can calm down a tad! The bacon cold isn't even close to the asian flu, (which killed between 1-4 million people), having a total killing rate of just over six thousand as of today. And the common flu kills a minimum of four thousand every week.

They have been shouting dead and doom and all hell's fire on us with SARS and avian flu and god knows what else for years now, and I don't know about you, but I'm still alive.

So can we just calm the fuck down, everyone!?!

No comments: