Saturday, October 3, 2009

In Scotland

"In Scotland, there is no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes." - Billy Connolly

Sounds familiar? Damn, he stole our proverb! Talking of weather, it's gloriously raining here, while further up (both north and higher mountain-like) it's snowing. Much as I detest winter, it might as well come properly, it's not that much fun with autumn.

Another thing that struck me, would you call a young Scotsman a Scotlad? A Scotlad from Scotland? XD

Well, the reason for my sudden interest in Mr. Connolly:


To be born and raised in Glasgow, Connolly sure sounds like a Sassenach. But then again, Gerry's accent is a thick as week-old parritch here. I'd marry that man, if there was a chance. Yes, I know he's almost as old as my mother, but I don't fucking care! (I'm talking about Gerry here, but given the chance I probably would take a night with Billy too, he's got more than charm enough.)

No comments: