Wednesday, November 26, 2008

People is WEILD!

... Weird, I mean.
I just read about a female politician who would have an abortion if she knew the fetus was going to be handicapped. She also say she should be respected for her choice/opinion, and that's okay, but here's my thoughts on the matter:
- If the child would be able to live an approximately normal life (go to kindergarden/school, have friends, enjoy life!) and I wouldn't suffer as a parent (see my kid being miserable, using all my time and energy on he/she)  I would give birth to it.
- All living things have a right to be just that, living. Natural selection takes the weakest, so I wouldn't go to unreasonable efforts to keep it breathing if that was all it would be (just laying there without having the possibility to... Enjoy life).
- If I didn't know the child was handicapped before it was born or some accident happened, I would still love it just as much. This doesn't mean I would let it live for years on end hooked up to a respirator with no means of communicating with the world around.
- If, let's say (just for the kicks), I first got pregnant and learned it was going to be a handicapped child and took an abortion, then later got a child who died at age five or something, I would greatly regret that abortion. It may be a bit out there, but I think that would be the universe's way of getting back at me... (Okay, gotta stop watching Dharma & Greg.)
- A lot of girls and young women (really women of all ages)  often suffers from psychical problems after an abortion. An I know I would alway look back and ask myself "What if?"

And with that out of the way, my step-father wants me to begin on the pill... Nothing creepy going on, that's just how he is, but my body got enough with the hormones already in it.
And it's only for my own protection, but I think I'll stick to rubber :)








No comments: