Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Sims 3!

Can hardly wait to the day after tomorrow, cuz then I'm going to my cousin and she have The Sims 3! Been watching a bit of it on Youtube and it looks amazing. No, wait, make that 'mind-blowing amazing!'

The thing that occurred to me is how much is going on behind that game, how much work they have put into making it. Just watch this and you may get what I'm saying:

And that's just a tiny sneak-peek of what they have been doing! It's amazing how they have made it all work, even if they have the experience from making Sims 1 and 2. It also looks like they had a hell of fun!

When it comes to all they have to customise just when it comes to the clothes, it's amazing. (I seem to be saying that about everything, but it's true!)


Just ignore how horrible the outfit actually looks. For each thing given that colour or that pattern it had to be worked out a unique way of casting shadows and highlights, and how the fabric would flex. Even if that was done with a pre-written algorithm, I'm impressed, especially with the patterns!
Just imagine how many possibilities it gives us! :D

No comments: