Monday, December 1, 2008

Antz

Yeah, I watched it, with Norwegian voices because I have it on VHS, but the original is on it too. So really I wasn't supposed to rewind it, cuz I was planning on watching it with the original English voices, but I remembered that when I had started rewinding, so... -.-
Anyway, the guy who have the voice of Z in Norwegian, Per Christian Ellefsen, is more known for the movie Elling and I was really happy when I recognized it. He have a funny, insecure, trying-to-be-cool-about-it voice when he wants to!

But it also got me thinking; this is a movie for kids, right?
And this is some of the themes:
- War.
- Death.
- Sex. (Z says something along the lines of "I was going to let you become one of my erotic fantasies.")
- Drinking. (That crazy wasp.)
- More war.
- Cursing. (both 'crap' and 'ass' are mentioned. May not be the worst thing, but when you think about how square a lot of people are about it...)

And you know what else? Weaver is hot: he's brave, he tries to impress the ladies in a cute awkward way, he has a smokin' body, he's.... He's an ant, a fictional ant. Man, why, WHY!!!

And now, some quotes from the movie, easily cut and pasted from IMDb:

Bala: Don't you get it? I was slumming it. I chose you because you were the most pathetic little bug in the joint.
Z: You know, I was going to let you become a part of my most erotic fantasies, but now you can just write it off.

Bala: I've been kidnapped by the village idiot.
Z: Who's the bigger idiot? The idiot, or the idiot who gets kidnapped by the idiot?

Foreman: Look, I got orders, and those orders say dig.
Z: What if someone ordered you to jump off a bridge? You-you...
[Foreman looks thoughtful]
Z: Oh, brother. I'm asking the wrong guy here.

Weaver: Don't you want your aphid beer?
Z: Call me crazy, but I have a thing about drinking from the anus of another creature.
(In the Norwegian version they say 'butt', this is even funnier!)

Colonel Cutter: She's about yay tall, fairly easy
[pause to make him sound like a pervert]
Colonel Cutter: on the eyes.
(Okay, maybe not pervert, but you know...)

No comments: