Monday, December 8, 2008

More 'Cockyness

Just watched Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds. Genius, of course. 
My favorite character? Mrs. Bundy, the woman who knew all about birds. I just fell for her accent, way of talking and knowledge. (Yes, I just said about the same thing in three different ways.) And she is played by Ethel Griffies... Weird to think about that she was born in 1878 and died 1975, she lived through both world wars, murder of JFK, moon landing and a whole lot of other things.... Let's see what, using a song ;)

Harry Truman, Doris Day, Red China, Johnnie Ray, South Pacific, Walter Winchell, Joe DiMaggio, Joe McCarthy, Richard Nixon, Studebaker, television, North Korea, South Korea, Marilyn Monroe, Rosenbergs, H-Bomb, Sugar Ray, Panmunjom, Brando, "The King and I", and "The Catcher in the Rye", Eisenhower, vaccine, England's got a new queen, Marciano, Liberace, Santayana goodbye, Josef Stalin, Malenkov, Nasser and Prokofiev, Rockefeller, Campanella, Communist Block, Roy Cohn, Juan Peron, Toscanini, dacron, Dien Bien Phu falls, "Rock Around the Clock", Einstein, James Dean, Brooklyn's got a winning team, Davy Crockett, "Peter Pan", Elvis Presley, Disneyland, Bardot, Budapest, Alabama, Khrushchev, Princess Grace, "Peyton Place", trouble in the Suez, Little Rock, Pasternak, Mickey Mantle, Kerouac, Sputnik, Chou En-Lai, "Bridge on the River Kwai", Lebanon, Charles de Gaulle, California baseball, Starkweather, homicide, children of thalidomide, Buddy Holly, "Ben-Hur", space monkey, Mafia, hula hoops, Castro, Edsel is a no go, U2, Syngman Rhee, payola and Kennedy, Chubby Checker, "Psycho", Belgians in the Congo, Hemingway, Eichmann, "Stranger in a Strange Land", Dylan, Berlin, Bay of Pigs Invasion, "Lawrence of Arabia", British Beatlemania, Ole Miss, John Glenn, Liston beats Patterson, Pope Paul, Malcolm X, British politician sex, JFK, blown away, what else do I have to say,Birth control, Ho Chi Minh, Richard Nixon, back again, Moonshot, Woodstock, Watergate. (And then we are in 1974.)

And I know someone that's gonna sing along XD

Back to Ethel: in the span of 97 years she must have experienced a lot of things. 
And I was sure The Birds was from 1958, but it's from 1963. Where did I get 58 from?
The trailer, that have a really dry humor you don't get half of before you have seen the movie, funny, right?



I think it's hilarious, but I doubt many else thinks so...
Anyway, he got a point, we human have a tendency to take advantage of the world around us. Melanie's fur coat is really a good example, just as the eggs.
Having a talk with him would be... AWESOME!


Something I found on the net and spend a full minute laughing at:










Well, it isn't!
So I took the liberty of making one for girls.










Oh, the joy of Photoshop.

Ideals are like stars: you will not succeed in touching them with your hands, but like the seafaring man on the ocean desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them, you reach your destiny.

--Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Ideals are like stars: you can never reach them and if you do, you are going to get seriously burned.
--Me (just now -.-)

My amazing math skills: A guy is born in 1986, therefor he is 6 years older than me, I managed that part. But how old is he? I made it out to be 26, thereby 10 years older than me. Skillz, I know.

No comments: