Thursday, February 26, 2009

Movie night!

That meant I watched The Lost Boys. And it was painfully clear it was made in 1987! Anyway, vampires and stuff, cool actually.
And one of the main characters, David, looked so familiar to me. I used long time on finding out why and in the end looked it up on IMDb.com and it is Kiefer Sutherland (the name stood on the credits and everything without any bells ringing with me....) as in Jack Bauer in 24! Which I have seen enough to know what he looks like!
Anyway, strange to see him as twenty-year old. And do he knows how to rock a blonde mullet!
It just works with the rest of the film, okay? Then it don't look cheap-trailer-park-trash-hey-asshole-the-eighties-are-over. Cuz the eighties weren't over!
Back to the movie: someone on the net said The Lost Boys was a much better vampire-move than Twilight, and then I had to rent it. Still haven't got my lazy ass around to watch Twilight, though... But it can't be worse than The Lost Boys, it's not that it's so bad, it just was so very teenagerish. But again, what should I expect?  

And favorite quote:
Grandpa (last line of the entire movie! The entire house is thrashed after fighting the blood-suckers.): One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach. All the damn vampires.

No comments: