Friday, September 4, 2009

SHITTING, FUCKING, BLOODY HELL!

Yeah, someone came with that exclaimation today, in a rather Irish accent. And it wasn't me. 

Reminds me, we had a kind of "listen and place the people" thing in English today. I took three of them just on the name. As long as we're driving on stereotypes, Hamish McDonald would be Scottish, Seamus Sweeney would be Irish and the chick with an Indy-sounding name would be from India. Frankly, in real life they could have been from the States or any other place, but I figured they took it the safe way. Plus, I got a rather hysterical laughter-fit over the Scottish accent, it was just... Well, I've been reading more Outlander books, have started on the third now, so I'm getting more and more fond of Scotland by the minute. Fonder, is that a word?

Think I surprised the teacher a bit by knowing what haggis is. Well, that's thanks to Jamie and that lot. But I seemed unable to say "sheep", it kept coming out as "cheap". Reminds me of when I said I would go "Christmas chopping". Well, the teacher pronounced "come" as "cum", so what do I have to say? He's from Wales, do that help? I think I was the only one who noticed too. Honestly, cum?

My hand also decided that instead of scribbling "long live guesswork" next to a grammar activity I failed at, it wrote "long live Scotland." Uh-hum...

No red baloons now, but this is the 200th post. Shitting, fucking, bloody hell! I've written a lot of hilarity, I've been told. More to come, I hope.

Popcorn party tonight. Basically foam party, but with popcorn! :D

2 comments:

Elise Frederikke said...

And he asked me "Are you interested in Scotland?" And all I could do back, was giggle..!

Elise Frederikke said...

And it's now, official that I can't talk, it's pLublish your cLomment