Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ginny's clothes in OotP

They have been discussed greatly, but I think I've found an answer that line up somewhat with canon.
To demonstrate what all the fuss is about, I bring you a beautiful still from one of the DA-scenes:
Now, this is the "problems":
- Button-down sweater.
- Tight trousers.

Now, the sweater I can't explain. Just look at them, hers is the only one with buttons, even though they are otherwise alike.

The trousers, on the other hand... Every other girl have skirts (as far as I have seen) and you can see parts of Luna there, proving my point. Given the choice, I bet Hermione (the one I know from the books, not Emma Watson) would most likely slip into something with legs too instead of those too-revealing skirts. 
But, as I have discovered (not by myself, I'm not taking credit for it!) they could be hand-me-downs, which matches the Weasleys reputation of being poor. 
To further support this theory I like to bring up one of the first things Ron told Harry, that he had Bill's old robes and Charlie's old wand. Thereby, it does fit that Ginny have gotten one of her brother's trousers and if she had the choice she would at least take some that emphasized her figure, taken how *cough*slutty*cough* she was in the fifth book.

So, there you got it! Those trousers belonged to one of the Long Weasleys (Bill, Percy, Ron) cuz the twins and Charlie (also known as the Short Weasley Club!) would need clothes with wider waists and shorter legs. I'm rambling, ain't I? XD
Then again, in the movies the twins are tall and lanky, so... Some freakin' male Weasley wore those trousers sometime and now Ginny have snatched them to show off her bootylicious body for Harry! '>.<

No comments: